Dry Skin Oily Skin

When you've spent most of your adolescent life (and your twenties, thirties and forties!) finding 'stuff' to rid your face of the grease that gives you zits, pimples or 'youth spots' (qing chun dou as we call it in Mandarin), would you not, like me, be taken aback when you are then told that your skin is 'very dry'?

So it was that when I used mum-in-law's birthday gift money to treat myself to a salon massage and facial, I was told, 'Your skin is very dry.'

But I don't like the idea of slapping cream and stuff on my face.

I was therefore chuffed to discover this helpful page from Lyrae's Natural. Lyrae's and Hankettes formed The Good Life Collective some years ago to market their natural and organic products.

The advice here is to use oil, like jojoba oil which I happened to have, and work it into the skin with the help of water. Simple. So simple.

I don't know if my skin has got less dry as a result, but it is much more shiny at times.

Psalms 104:14-15: He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Such irony. After all these years of trying to cut down the shine on the face, I am told it is now too dry. I put oil on it and remember: God gives us oil to make our faces shine!!!

Why do we spend so much money on anti-shine cosmetics then? Who decided that matt was better than shiney?

Back to Organic-Ally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six inches of time and 20 centimetres of parenting left

The year that was 2023

Overcoming obstacles or the blind leading the blind?