To B or to B

I was ironing a shirt and I thought, hmm, the colour is a bit faded.

I've had some of these shirts for so long. They are cotton, but not organic, with pretty lace on the collars and sleeves. I bought these years ago before I knew that conventional cotton was harming the environment.

B are still sending me catalogues and I have studiously avoided their cotton and polyester clothes in recent years. I must confess that some (not all) of their styles appeal to me. More importantly they do clothes in my size.

Recently, having not bought any clothes for more than a year, I succumbed and picked out a couple of wool numbers.

The company -- like most companies these days -- claims to have an "eco and ethical" policy. (You could read on their site.) They claim fair trade policies, re-plant trees, etc.










I wonder what other pro-organic folk think.

Back to Organic-Ally.



Comments

LSP said…
They also use a lot of cotton. I would like to know more about their supply chain. I try not to buy anything that's not made from organic cotton now. It is not always possible, but I try.

Popular posts from this blog

Six inches of time and 20 centimetres of parenting left

The year that was 2023

Social media for business: boon or bane?