Have a go at the minister ... again

I remember once sitting at church in Singapore and felt myself getting hotter and hotter under the collar.

After the sermon I marched up to the preacher to say, "There wasn't ANY thing in your sermon for the single person."

The following week he told the congregation, "Last week, SP came up to me to say .... So this is what I have to say to the single person...."

Living in a 'family-friendly' culture, the singles can be forgotten even at church.

Last week I did it again, sort of.

I've been having some health problems. My husband was sorting out the screen projector for the service. The topic for the sermon was: How does God heal today?

"You're not going to give the example of the woman who was bleeding for 12 years, are you?" I asked the minister.

"Uh, well, yes I could have chosen that story from about 3 million examples, but no, I'm not using that story."

"Well, I was just saying to [husband], so many male preachers have preached from/about that passage and none would have a CLUE as to what it's all about."

I'm beginning to have an idea of what that woman was going through while I await tests to find out what's messing up my inside.

Meanwhile, it's iron tablets to the rescue.

Back to Organic-Ally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six inches of time and 20 centimetres of parenting left

The year that was 2023

Social media for business: boon or bane?