A Windy Day

Gales.

I'm nervous.

I have visions of objects falling on me. Our water feature in the garden has fallen over. The doors in a shed had blown open. I managed to secure them temporarily.

Just heard the news about fifteen (15!!) lorries being blown over.

Planned to take son to the dentist by bus, both for the experience of travelling by bus, and for green reasons. But roadworks meant there was zero chance of us getting to the dentist on time as I had hoped.

So I had no choice but to take the car. Even then I expected fallen objects to cause delays.

Well, typical of a post-rugby lesson Thursday afternoon, the boys were late in being released. Just managed to get to the dentist in time.

Driving back, the car was acting strangely as it was buffetted by wind.

So I am really pleased to be home, well and safe now.

Back to Organic-Ally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six inches of time and 20 centimetres of parenting left

The year that was 2023

Overcoming obstacles or the blind leading the blind?