Banana leaves - natural packaging

My cousin and her husband passed through Heathrow early this morning. My husband met them to collect a package of food for me.

I was delighted that she had brought fresh food.

My son watched me eat a strange red thing which we call "ang koo kueh", or "red tortoise".

He watched me tear off the banana leaves from the bottom of this "cake" and said, "Banana leaves."

I said, "Yes, banana leaves, completely biodegradable."

Son also chose to buy me a large basket of flowers for "Yummy Mummy" this Mothering Sunday. I really appreciated it.

However, it came wrapped in yards of a plasticized clear wrap. It is very difficult to find real cellophane these days, the crinkly variety that actually biodegrades when exposed to light and air.

I look forward to a week of eating dumplings wrapped and steamed in banana leaves. Yumm!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six inches of time and 20 centimetres of parenting left

The year that was 2023

Overcoming obstacles or the blind leading the blind?