Size 6 is the new size 8?

I'm on the prowl again for clothes. (Compare/contrast previous post here and here) Smarter, slightly more formal, well-tailored clothes.

So I found myself at a local store looking at all the 'petite' consignments. Can't believe the Size 8 were so large ten years ago. Perhaps I have shrunk. It is well-known that women are prone to become smaller and slimmer after having a baby, you know, after all that running around after a bundle of energy ... not.

Perhaps I need to go for a size 6 instead, but if these stores have a size 6 they are hung up on a rail where a normal size 6 (unless she is very, very tall) cannot reach them. Some just can't be bothered to stock a size 6.

Maybe I am living in a part of UK where size 6 (previous size 8) do not exist.

Normal size eight, "Extra Small"? The sleeves or trouser legs are always too long.

Bah!

Back to Organic-Ally. Become our fan on Facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Six inches of time and 20 centimetres of parenting left

The year that was 2023

Overcoming obstacles or the blind leading the blind?